Thursday, September 23, 2010

I'm lovin' it!

Well, I remembered the camera for girls’ night. I just forgot to blog about it and post the pictures. I promise to do so in an upcoming blog post – maybe I will just do a compilation of all the things I have taken pictures of. It will be a random post, but oh well. The name of the blog says it all. 

Here are some random, and very superficial, things that I love right now:

  • Fall TV line-ups. One of the few things I do love about fall is the start of new shows and new episodes of my favorite shows. My hubby is kindly compiling a list of all the shows we need to DVR. It is quite the list.
  • DVR. We just  upgraded to get DVR this fall. Since I am in school, we really try to watch what we spend on superfluous things. It’s sometimes hard (I know my hubby would love that iPhone, and I would love a new blackberry with the internet but that extra $60 or so a month is a killer), but we have been doing fairly well. I am proud of us. However, I am working very part-time this school year, so we decided we could splurge a little. I hope to never go back to life without DVR.
  • Nice fabrics. I was talking with a friend the other day, and she said it perfectly: we are fabric snobs.  I absolutely love the feel of cashmere and high quality wool. And don’t even get me started about lined pants – another obsession of mine. If a pair of pants or a skirt is lined, it usually is a sign of good quality. I sometimes am like a little kid always touching things, especially in the expensive clothes section. Or the towel section in Macys and Bloomingdales. I would love to own some of those towels, too bad they are what - $30 per towel. No thanks. I will keep the towels my grandma gave us and those we received from our wedding.
  •  Lined dress pants. See the previous love.
  • Sperry shoes. These shoes were the BEST thing I purchased all summer. They are a little pricey ($75), but WORTH IT! I purchased the tan leather angelfish style. I want another pair! They are extremely comfortable, and I think add a little sportiness (more yachting-esque) to a casual outfit. Love them!* 
*Okay, I realize I probably sound a little ditzy and  . . . I don’t know what . . . based on the last few loves, so please forgive me. I will come back to reality and try to sound a little less “Legally Blonde.” 

  • Having control over my schedule. It is SO nice being able to choose classes that interest me and a schedule that works for me. I do not mind working a ton as long as I have a semblance of control over my schedule.
  • Going Parade of Homing. I think it is extremely fun to go look at homes and go into expensive homes and just dream what it would be like to live there. So far the most expensive house we have toured was over $3M, I believe. It was gorgeous, but almost too much. Still it is fun to imagine and wonder what the people do who are able to own one of these puppies. It’s likely not a lawyer. Here’s a little secret: most lawyers will never be able to afford a home like that. Sure some partner at a huge law firm may be able to . . . someday, but the typical lawyer will never own a home like that.
  • Dreaming of the future. I do this certainly every day – what the future will bring is always in the back of my mind. Definitely excited, but scared/nervous at the same time. Hopefully many goals will be accomplished and dreams reached. Only time will tell. =)
I guess that is plenty of “loves” to share for now. Would love to hear what you are loving right now.

~Amanda



- 

3 comments:

Jay said...

I would say "I couldn't agree more," but there are just a few loves on this list I just don't share :P

I do agree with you on your love for the DVR! Though we have only had it for a month or so I could not imagine going back to normal TV and watching shows online! DVR is definitely the way to go! I am glad you liked my schedule...it IS intense!

What I'm lovin':
* Starcraft II with Dan and friends
* Anticipating my new phone arriving tomorrow!
* Chimichangas
* New fall TV line-up
* Volleyball league

Rachelle said...

This whole blogging thing is addicting I must say...I love looking to see what you two have to say everyday - plus it gives me a mind break from these darn loan reviews I am stuck doing until next week!

This is what I love right now:

*Getting flowers randomly at work for no reason
*COFFEE and CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
*Making dinner with my kids and yes as much of a mess as it makes, letting them help
*A pair of jeans that fit just right
*My favorite sitcom - Cougar Town and yes thank goodness for DVR - I hear ya sister :)

Amanda said...

Thanks, for commenting Rachelle and Jay! Love hearing what you are loving right now. =)

Glad you like reading the blogs, Rachelle. Jay definitely does a much better job at updating but I am trying.